KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Fifty Days of Gray!



Oh my goodness I love a rainy day or two but this is ridicules! I really try to never complain because as a gardener you always want that nice spring rain to get things going, but it is cold too!
Today was my guild's thank you luncheon for our volunteers and it was held at my house. This was my centerpiece and it does make me feel happy to look at it and hope for a sunny day soon.


I started a simple quilt for a baby boy that is due this summer. It was fun to go through all my novelties and pick out "boyish" prints that would be fun for a little child to look at as he gets older. I love the busyness of it too.


My neice is getting married this fall. I bought her some practical needed things but also wanted to give her something more personal. I love these paper pieced lipsticks from Sew Scatter Brained. I thought this might be a fun thing to take on her honeymoon to keep sunscreen etc with her on the beach.


They are pretty small but sewed up quickly.


Hr favorite color is yellow so I went all out on the inside. I love how perfect that zipper comes out every time!


My dogwood trees are spectacular this year! It makes up for all the flowers waiting for some sunshine to bloom!

Kelly

16 comments:

  1. It is grey and miserably cold, but your quilts always brings a smile to my face. Thx for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny warm days never come soon enough for me. Luckily we had a gorgeous one today, maybe it will head your way tomorrow. The lipstick case is adorable. She's going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get those great labels?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send some of that rain out to California, would ya??
    Your flowers are beautiful and I love the little bag you made for your niece. SO cute!! ps: also love the Wolfe range!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love limey plants too! lovely centerpiece.
    Cute boy quilt and the lipstick pouch is adorable too - they both have "kelly" written all over them :)
    Pretty dogwood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've surrounded yourself with color despite the grey days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it's not your first pouch and you're very talented !! This last is adorable ...
    Lovely centerpiece too !
    I have the habit to say with philosophy "the rain is good for nature" yes... but the sun too !!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I find a tutorial for putting "perfect zippers" into bags. The end on mine always is a little off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not have an email attached to your question so I have to answer it here. The pattern is called the Lola Pouch and her directions are terrific for making it come out perfect every time. Other than that all I can say is practice and patience!

      Delete
    2. I will have some fun and see what turns up....🙃

      Delete
  9. Love seeing the dogwood blooms. So pretty.
    Great choice for the boy quilt. And the little pouch is great.
    I do hope so nice Spring weather turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen did you ever live in Vienna for 2 years????

      Delete
  10. Hi Kelly!
    I love the lipsticks!!! I might just have to do them in every color! I sure miss Calico Cutters, hope your show went great. I am also in love with the flowering curvy quilt... when will I make all these quilts? That one might move up the list though. I'm headed over to add you to my list of blogs to visit daily... LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly tu sobrina hará un buen uso de este bonito y practico regalo,
    me encantan tus flores
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, enough of the rain already! I'm starting to grow moss on my north side!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable pouch! The extra time you took with the lipsticks are perfect on it. What a sweet auntie you are. Now you make me want to sew a pouch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!