KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Chaos Quilt


This is the quilt that got me back to normal. I started this in August at a mini get away at my friend Christine's home. I originally saw the pattern on Pinterest, it is from a blog called My Poppet found HERE.



It was so much fun going through my scraps and finding my favorite colors. I am calling this quilt "chaos".



 I was a little rusty after my little hiatus. I must have made 7 or 8 rejected blocks before I finished up this little quilt.



A little straight line quilting and I was done! I tried something different for the quilting. I used Aurifil thread with the green bottom ( I can't remember the number right now) and lengthened my stitch to 4 on my Bernina. I got a nicer looking stitch and it was much more even. Now all I need to do it get it bound.



I have a love/hate relationship with my morning glories. They are so beautiful but they are very invasive. Every year I lose the battle in my vegetable garden to eradicate them!



I think it looks like there is a light in the center of this one, and the star is pretty cool too.



Paired with the black eyed susans around the mailbox, they are perfect.

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great! DH grew up on a farm and will not let me plant morning glories. I love them, but he calls them weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! Such happy fabrics! I will be filing this idea and hope I can play with it soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is a beauty. All the colors are so much fun. The eye keeps moving around and seeing some new fabric. How fun is that? Like the straight line quilting too.
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful party of fabrics and colours! I agree about morning glories, those bright violet blue blooms are so beautiful but they are so invasive. They look fabulous planted with the black eye Susans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this quilt the fabrics just make me smile. very fun.
    black eyed susans are one of my favorite flowers....
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quilt, it makes a wonderful header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt - so bright and colourful; so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a great quilt to get you back into action. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this quilt! Such a great play of colors, and the design looks fairly simple. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the link to the quilt on MyPoppet, called "Haphazard": http://mypoppet.com.au/2013/07/the-haphazard-quilt-a-scrapbusting-project.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your chaos blocks are wonderful. I love the color blocking look. You always have the funnest freshest fabrics!
    I love morning glories, but they do get everywhere. They are perfect by the mailbox. Nice complimentary color scheme.
    Glad you are back in the zone

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt! Thank you so much for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your quilt! Thank you so much for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto to what fiberchick says! I love this quilt! Your colors are so fun and cheery. And it makes a super header for your blog, too. I had to try out a block and it was easy! Now it's on my list of quilts I need to make, so thanks for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!