KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Christmas?


I know, it's not even Halloween and we're talking about Christmas.......To start I will show you my current quilt I am sort of working on. It is for my granddaughter Piper, who was born in August. I love the hoola hoop girl.


So the quilt is going to be stars with fussy cut centers. It will probably be about 40" x 40".


I just love the fabric designer, Heather Ross. This is the new collection called Far Far Away 2. These fabrics will work well with the fussy cut center!


How cute are these honey bears???


These are the darker colors in the collection. This is one of those that if you want it, get it now or it will be gone. The little Princess and the Pea fabric is beyond perfect.


I also have another project I can't tell you about yet. I will be making some random blocks. I decided I HAVE to start using up my Kaffe fabrics! I have so many and I think this project will be a perfect use for them.


I am going to be doing a lecture and workshop in November in Cape May for the CAMACO Quilt Guild  We will be doing the hexie quilt. This one is done in Christmas fabrics. That's why I am talking about Christmas!


Not every fabric is Christmas but they definitely have a winter theme.








I bring tons of novelty prints for the students to use and I encourage them to bring some of their own to really make it their own. It's fun to always be on the look out for fabrics to fussy cut. I think they will like these along with the 100+ ones I will bring with me.
Christmas and Halloween are popular so I make sure I have lots of choices for those holidays.


I just had to make this cute little abstract tree. The pattern is in Quiltmaker and the original size was for a coaster. I enlarged it (200%) so it is a mini quilt.

Ok so that's 2 posts within the week.........

Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Your fussy cutting for the middle of the stars is very sweet. Perfect for a little girl.:) I'm so not ready to think about Christmas though!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAMACO is so looking forward for when you come and share your knowledge 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've managed to make me want each fabric you showed!!! the honey bear, the hula hoop, all the Christmas ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing to see so many adorable fabrics. The folks in your class are going to have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet prints for your fussy stars. Piper will love it of course.
    Have fun in Cape May. I hope you get sausage roll, lol. They are such nice ladies. The hexie quilt is so fun!
    cute tree piece.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!