KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Long Time, No See!


My goodness I have really neglected this blog! Partially because I have been sick and it is just dragging on! I have had no energy or ambition to sew or do anything!
My mother in law gave me this poinsettia for my birthday. It really is this pretty shade of pink, so I am going to try and nurse it through the winter and put it our in my garden this summer. Have you ever done that? It seems such a shame to throw them out after Christmas.


Have you heard of this magazine, Curated Quilts? It is more geared toward the modern quilter but still interesting for all.


Last summer one of the editors emailed me and asked me if I would submit this quilt!!! I had recently hung it up in a new spot and put it on Instagram and that is how she spotted it. It's called It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood and was made during a swap with Barb Vedder, Robin McMillen and Susan Hammer. I had those blocks for at least a year before I came up with this idea on how I wanted them to go together. I do feel like sometimes letting it "simmer" is better than throwing it together.



I am in a bee and we did as swap in January. I loved this scissor fabric and just had to use it.


This is the inside. Again another perfect fabric for a sewer!


I like the cross stitch look too!


This is what I got in the swap, how cool is this!?! Thank you Cindy!


Some other goodies came my way as well, thank you Jeanette and Cheryl.

Thank you for all the nice comments and emails about our little neighbor, Julia. She is still hanging on and just finished a week of chemo. She has surpassed their predictions so I like to think all the prayers and good wishes out there are doing some good.
If you wish to read more about this little girl you can go here Julia Adams

Kelly


18 comments:

  1. Gosh, I hope you recover quickly. I belong to the Melbourne Modern quilt group and they have recently placed a bulk order for the Curated Quilts mag to be posted to Australia, I will be receiving my copy very soon and I look forward to seeing your quilt in the mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the cutest bags. Loved the “make do and mend” fabric and did an Etsy search which showed lots of fun things but not that fabric. What is it?
    Thank you for the update on Julia, our prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on being published, and not only does the quilt look adorable but your picture is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty hot pink poinsettia is so pretty.
    I've always loved your house quilt. You added so many great touches to make it personal. How fun to see it in print.
    Cute bag fabrics~ you always have the best fabrics!!
    cute swap loot. Feel better soon friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet to be invited to have a quilt in the magazine! It's such a wonderfully fun quilt too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I've never seen this magazine, but it is on my list to find and read. We had a pink poinsettia plant for maybe 8 or 9 years. All through the year, it had beautiful leaves and bloomed in December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poinsettia! Congrats on the article on fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked it. I wanted to leave a note.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s actually great and useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to ignore such an amazing article like this.

    ReplyDelete

  11. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep it up and best of luck for your future blogs and posts.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hi, all is going well here and of course every one is sharing facts, that's really fine, keep up writing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

  15. have you book marked to check out new things you post

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users. Definitely bookmark this and follow it everyday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!