KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, October 19, 2018

Mid October


How is that we are more than half way through October? Our leaves have hardly even changed yet. I better not get gyped out of some pretty fall colors.
As you can see I did get a new camera, now I need to figure out how to get rid of the date......
Doesn't this fabric feel like circa 1970? Something about it appealed to me. Who knows where it will wind up!

 Some more vintage fabric that will find it's way into a scrap quilt. I need to do one with just plain squares.
For bookclub this month we read The Hour Husband. Only 3 of the 7 of us read it. The 3 of us who did were not impressed, just saying!


More baking! Here's tip.....Pepperidge Farm makes a wonderful "Farm House Cookie" I figured out it is plain old chocolate chip with Heath bar toffee bits added. Try it I think you will like it.
So I feel like I am getting back into the groove with the blogging. Now if I can only figure out the camera.....

Kelly

8 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics. I am sure that the cross stitch one will be just what you need at a certain moment. That happens with me. I might buy some fabric or second hand garment just because I like the material so much. Have it for years and then suddenly... it is just what I am looking for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with that... I tell you I can do certain things on my camera, and just stick with the simple. There's probably some button that doesn't make any sense, you push, then four screens to go through, then some other button whose icon makes not sens...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I missed you!!! Good luck with the camera, if I weren't so technically challenged I would offer advice. I thought the cross stitch fabric was really stitched. That'll be a fun surprised in something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to hear from you and what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had one of those cookies. They look delicious and might help you with the tech stress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look yummy. i use the toll house batter and cranberries the dried one cut in half and macadamia nut bits to make my fav go to cookies... oh and while chocolate tinies!
    I need a new camera as mine is now taking dark photos and in the decade i have come to us my Canon powershot A540, i have only used the basics. what camera did you get?
    I really like the vint fabric. I have a shirt already cut up with flamingos coming out of convertables on a pale yellow background. if i was organized i might find it, again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy how fast the year is slipping by! The cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage fabrics are so fun. I have a little stack in my closet.
    thanks for the cookie tip. I'll check it out.
    Yes, October is going too fast and we are just now turning colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!