KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, June 22, 2018

The First Day of Summer


So first I must apologize to everyone who left a comment on the last post. I did not realize Blogger had changed things up and my comments no longer came to my email. I thought you all lost interest because of my lack of blogging! I think it is fixed now!
One of these fabrics is not like the others! Basketballs!!! My granddaughter is playing in a summer league and is totally in love with basketball, the emojis are going to go along the edge, I am making all of the grandkids pillowcases.


There has been some Christmas sewing going on as well! I have a top that is almost done and will show it to you when it is complete.
I am so excited that I will actually have it done (fingers crossed) before Christmas!


This basket quilt has been languishing for over a year now. I know how I want to quilt it but am dreading it.....well now I have the backing and will get it done, maybe even this week.


My Farmer's Wife quilt is quilted, yay! I started this about 3 years ago. I am very happy with the way it turned out and now I just need to get some binding on it. I did not end up making every block but sometimes you just have to call it quits and move on to the next project.
This is one of the good things about UFOs. You get tired of them and put them away, you come across them and realize it's almost finished. Your enthusiasm goes up and before you know it is done. Just don't let them go more than 10 years because your taste may change......


My friend Carolyn did a great job. She even sews muslin around the edge so the quilting goes past the piecing and doesn't stop short. This is such a wonderful service! Thank you Carolyn for doing such a professional job. Let me know if you want her information to get one of your quilts done.


I took 6 pillowcase kits that will be due at guild next September. They make up quickly and make you feel good knowing they will go to a good cause.


How is this for a fabulous backing? This is from the new Swell Line by MODA. I bought this at my LQS, The Quilt Block 610-363-0404 if you are looking to do some Christmas sewing. They have other designs that are in the line as well.


My flowers are slowly filling in.


That lime green with anything is wonderful!


This is an orange coneflower. In real life it is amazing and just glows. I had to have it!


A couple of my coneflowers did not make it through the winter so I had to replace them. They really are a good carefree plant that works hard. I am not fond of the purple-pink ones, they look like weeds to me. I am going to dig them all out!


I had a small sunflower that volunteered and I am letting it go. Of course it is not in a great place but it will make me happy when it blooms.


Aren't these petunias amazing! Again in reall life with the lime green they are perfect together.

I always pick flowers throughout the summer, it just makes my home feel so happy and colorful. Right now the offerings are slim, but before you know it I won't be able to keep up!

Kelly

20 comments:

  1. I love this post. We may be quilting blogs, but you can show me your flowers ANYTIME !

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't know anyone ELSE who grows Astilbe (pink in the first flower photo) ! Mine is finally doing well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment did not come to my email....Thank you for such nice comments! Astilbe is such a pretty bloom. This picture is not true to the color, it is moe of a cranberry red and is stunning!

      Delete
  3. Love seeing that basket quilt espcially! So true that some projects languish and then once we pick them up, we know exactly where it's at and where our enthusiasm to continue on or not is.:) So nice to finally have a fix on the blogger commenting thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Farmer's Wife quilt looks great! I'm curious to know how you got Blogger fixed. For me I have not received an email notification for my blog in over a month!! And I'm still looking for a solution.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing flowers :) They are always a day-brightener!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how pretty it all is. From start to finish with flowers. We just moved into a home in CO and there are no flowers so I have my work cut out for me so to speak. I love flowers and had many in Maryland. It's drier here so I hope by next year to know what grows well here. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are fabulous! You must have a very GREEN thumb!
    Love your Farmer's Wife... and I'd love the get the contact info for your quilter, Carolyn.
    randyiris@gmail.com

    There is a way to try to fix the comments from blogger. Check out Barb Vedder's blog, where she has instructions.
    You have to go into settings and play with it there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay on your finish! looks great
    love love seeing your blooms. Such great flowers I too love the lime green with any color

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for finished Farmer’s wife, flowers and first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is lovely! I was wondering if you would share your friend, Carolyn's, contact information. I am looking for a longarm quilter to help me tame my stack of completed quilt tops. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an orange coneflower. In real life it is amazing and just glows. I had to have it. Thanks a lot for sharing this article. Keep it up. Now it's time to avail Baby Liquid Soap for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

  15. have you book marked to check out new things you post

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users. Definitely bookmark this and follow it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My incredibly long internet look up has at the end been rewarded with reliable insight to share with my good friends

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been reading this blog for several months and also I am very happy to get many entries from this blog

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!