KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekend Sewing



I had a fun weekend of sewing because I wasn't feeling well and did not want to spread the germs! So I hunkered down in my sewing room and sewed away both days.


This is a thread catcher by The Sewing Chick that is fun and fast to make. Fussy cutting some cute fabrics makes it extra special.


As usual it takes me a long time to pick out the fabrics and not so much time to sew it up.


 My guild is looking for donations and this just might be the one. Unless I decide to make another...


Aren't these apples cute?


I was struggling with what color to use for the binding and let it sit out overnight.




My friend Carolyn gave me some of her prized Liberty of London scraps because she was sure I would put them to good use! I am so happy she did.


Here is another Quilted Notions Pouch that I made using a vintage feed sack.


I loved how it turned out!


I had to strategically cut the bag to take advantage of the graphics.


It is the perfect size for those little Clover clips.


I also found this in my travels and love how very large (about 20" x 23") and sturdy it is. I did wash it and now have to decide what to make.......a tote seems very predictable. Any thoughts?

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Just adorable pouches so cute hope you feel better really soon...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sewing projects! I always love your fabric choices, you must have the BEST stash! And I LOVE the vintage mail bag! My dad was a mail carrier, so I think I’ll be on the lookout for a bag like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt it was a busy weekend ! I love the fabrics you used for your pouches ! So fresh !
    And the little pencil cases with zip are very cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what cute bags! especially love the repurpose of that mail bag - so cool.
    hope you are feeling better
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thread catcher and a gorgeous pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang these are cute! They look like so much fun. I am sorry you aren't feeling well, I hope you are all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  8. No doubt it was a busy weekend ! I love the fabrics you used for your pouches ! So fresh !
    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!