KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, June 9, 2017

Perfect Students


I received this lovely book in the mail today. I am saving it for when I can sit down a really savor it. Do you do that too? That will be soon....


My guild, Calico Cutters holds a fundraising auction every year. People offer classes (in their homes) as part of the silent auction. So for $50.00 each, Terry, Gail, Nancy and Christine came to my house for the day to make a Lola pouch. They brought their lunch, I provided all the materials to make the pouch (I even cut it all out!) drinks and dessert.


Poor Christine. Her machine was having problems so I ran upstairs and brought mine down for her to use. Problem solved! She caught up quickly and ended up finishing before some of the others.


As you can see on Nancy's pouch, I cut out the word Maker from some fabric I had to put on the inside where I usually put a "Pinkadotquilts" label.


I chose their fabrics with some hints such as, what colors do you like, a theme, what don't you like. Gail loved her purple and lime green, yay!


Terry's pouch had a garden theme and she put in the very last stitch of the day. They were all done a half hour early, unheard of!!!
Terry, Gail, Nancy and Christine
They were all pleased as was I. They overcame their fear of zippers (well almost) and were very happy to take home a completed project. Some even said they may make more for gifts.


My sewing room on the other hand is a disaster, I don't even have room to sew! I need to get in there and do some cleaning! How does it get like that?

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Your sewing room is like that because you sent the students home with a completed project. Lucky them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. The pouches are adorable! And your "students" look very happy!!
    And they got to leave with a finished project! How great is that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sewing room! The pouches of your students are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful way to have a fund raiser. Looks like all really enjoyed their day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute I thought I was there! Looks like a fun day & good fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great guild fundraiser. The bags all came out great. Your table is perfect for group sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one of those zipper chickens, whereas you are a zipper bag expert! I still remember the Sew Together bag you made Barb. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great fundraising idea! And it looks like your students can all go to the top of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do that with new books and magazines as well. :) And what a fun day you all had. You must have been a wonderful teacher for them to finish early! Those smiles say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I'm so intimidated by the zipper thing, this would totally be something I would do! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe... I miss Calico Cutters. What a win-win for all. Having it all cut out, and nearly private instruction must have made it so much fun! Good work All of you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beastly little sewing gremlins get in there and wreck havoc after dark.
    Love the bags! Good students, good teach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those blocks are adorable and you've chosen such cute fabrics to go along with the pictures. You've come up with a great idea for the Kona color chart. You should market your idea to Kona.

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!