KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

How Can It Be June 29th??


So I finally went to the Vermont Quilt Festival! I was helping my friend Cheryl of Cheryl Lynch Quilts in her booth. We had a lot of fun but they are long days on your feet doing lots of demos. I will say the quilts were amazing!


 I bought an antique baby quilt that I just love. I want to reproduce it in my colors.


This is the result of a workshop I did with a member of our guild, Cindy Z. It was worth every cent! She sat down, deciphered and corrected all the directions that were in Quiltmania! It was crazy how many mistakes there were. Thank you Cindy, I did not have the patience even though I have wanted to make this!



For an almost fun project, I cut apart my Kona color card and put them on a chain. It took FOREVER to punch all those holes. They are not in color order but soon they will be.

Lace Cap Hydrangea

Salsa Echinacea

My garden is slowly growing as the weather has been delightful and not scorching hot. We have had lots of rain which is wonderful as I did not have to water. This weekend there will be lots of weeding, trimming and fertilizing.




I got this book a few weeks ago and it is amazing! It's like a coffee table book but smaller. Lots of inspiration for everyone. Do check it out.


I bought these at the Quilt Block yesterday. My sewing mojo has been wanting of late. Those whales and birds will go into granddaughter Brynn's quilt.

Jaxon

Cameron
There have been lots of family things going on as well. Jax and Cam are almost 2! They are typical active 2 year olds and talking up a storm. How cute is this place to give them haircuts, keeps them occupied.

Griffin, Elliot, baby Brynn and Maddy
 Brynn's baptism was a few weeks ago. She wore the gown I made over 39 years ago. If you are thinking it's an heirloom, it's not, polyester blend before I knew any better! It even has a slip.  I love those little chunky legs! She is such a little lovey.
Dylan and Kevin 
The other exciting news is that my son, Dylan and his friend Kevin are opening up a micro-brewery in Downingtown. It's called East Branch Brewing Company (after the east branch of the Brandywine creek). For the locals it is where Molly Maguire's used to be in the old Minquas fire house, 202 E. Lancaster Ave. The opening is hopefully scheduled for sometime in August, stay tuned.

For me summertime is reading time. Last month I read almost 6 books. I am trying to get motivated to sew but it just isn't happening. So maybe soon I will have something to show but then again maybe not!

Kelly


9 comments:

  1. Your summer has been packed with wondeful experiences and family happenings. Let us know what exciting things are scheduled for July! You've still got two months of summer left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer seems extra hectic around here too, but it's all good! I totally agree about those cute chunky baby legs too. So sweet! I would love any recommendations on those books you've read. Always looking for more to read, and more TIME to read. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lots of good stuff in this post! Love your grandkids - they're growing so fast! How cool that you still have the old christening dress! Great idea to cut up the Kona color cards, even though it looks pretty tough to punch those holes. They will be way more useful that way. You are having a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update. I'm so excited for the new microbrewery! Love seeing the grandkids. Gosh, seems like Maddy was just Brynn's size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun post Kelly. It was great to see you at VT. I wish we had had more time together to have fun. Another time.
    What sweet family photos. I can't believe how big they are all getting.
    I wish your son the best luck with the brewery. I want to go next time I see you in PA!
    Looks like a fun book! and fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  6. relax...read....the fabric will be waiting for you when you're ready. This is your season to read... I love to be outside when weather is good, so this is porch time for me. Yesterday I pressed all blocks out on the porch, and have the coffee table set up with reading material. Where do you do all this reading? You could review the books you are reading... most of us love to read and find a good book too. You're much faster than I am. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is neat to hear you made it to VT. I'm heading to Sisters this Wednesday! The kids are growing up so quickly!! Yea for Dylan!! Is there any pattern to the antique baby quilt? It looks almost random except a see some 2x4 blocks repeating occasionally. What is name of small book?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tree tutorial. I've made gobs and gobs of wonky birds, now it might be time to mix them with some trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. interesting reading about your recent books. I'm finishing Girl Unbroken after reading Etched in Sand so I might be done with sad kids for the moment. But I do like to bear witness with memoirs.
    Great tutorial - I am going to make this next time I need a little quilt!
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!