KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Spools


This block  (4" x 5 1/2") was fun to make and used up some of my scraps. I am making a quilt for my guild's auction next spring. Finished size will be 16" x 24". I am hoping to inspire other members to get some made over the summer.


There will be nine blocks altogether and these are the fabrics I am using.


My basket block is complete but it needs to marinate a bit before I quilt it. I am thinking of a border or maybe not. I love those flying geese in the fabric and was thinking of those in the border......we will see.

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. A flying geese border would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - maybe liberated? free pieced would be cute with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute spools and baskets. Your style is so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spools! This would be a great little Quilt a Long. (tutorial) Mburnette912@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute spool. I look forward to seeing the rest of the spools. Your baskets would be great with or without a border, but flying geese would be great with the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spool. Great idea for leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spool block is great. These will be lovely in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spool block is so cute! That's a gGreat idea for leftovers and/or strings too. Love your baskets. I agree, a liberated flying geese border would be great with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plan for a spool quilt in all those fun bright colours. And I vote for a flying geese border!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!