KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Picture Heavy Post!


Yesterday Calico Cutters Quilt Guild hosted a workshop with Jane Davila. I am in charge of the workshop and did not actually do it but learned everything so I could do it on my own. Today I bought these circles and made some stamps. So much fun and so easy! I love that they are not perfect and definitely look handmade.


The ones I bought today are harder than the ones used in the workshop but still very easy to do.



These are some examples from the class, they did such a good job!





Here painter's tape is used to mark off sections, how cool is this!















Congratulations ladies, I am inspired by all of you!


I was at the Chantilly Virginia quilt show this past weekend working with my friend Cheryl in her booth. We squeezed in a little time to see the quilts and do a teensy bit of shopping......






I loved this! little swatches of fabrics taped onto a calling card. How very creative!


I am behind in gardening but my pots are looking great! I love coleus.


A perfect foxglove...


This is the second year for my front garden and I only lost 1 plant.


An errant sunflower, I am leaving it be.


A little black in the garden adds a lot of interest.


More coleus....


and one more!
So this is what I have been up to lately. I am going away again this weekend and should have some sewing to show you next week.

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Well darn, if I had known you were working the Quilter's Unlimited Show in Chantilly, I'd have stopped to say hi! Next time! The workshop looks like fun. I especially like the daisies over the text fabric. And your gardens look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life has been on the move and looks like it has been allot of FUN. I can feel the INSPIRATION oozing out of your post. I know I have been. So now it is time for you---have fun! Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over the bright fabrics. The pots look gorgeous. Any chance you could come and do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a terrifically full post! Lots of stimulation. What are you carving to make the stamps? I missed the QU show because I have an intense head cold but I love that one... wah! You got some great fabrics. You must have shade like we do... those are the kind of plants I try to grow but not enough real sun to grow even shade lovers. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great stamping class! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those stamps look fun! Love the fabrics you chose and your garden is amazing. Everything looks so tidy and well planned exactly opposite of my garden!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamping and printing looks like a whole lot of fun. Great ideas with the different designs.
    And your little bit of shopping looks rather wonderful.
    Your garden is looking lovely. It has been a long wait with all the cold weather so it is good to see some colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun post. the stamps and effects are so cool. I love that and it looks fun to do. I like the idea of adding them to low volume prints.
    your garden pics are fabulous - I'm green with envy of your beds.
    I too love that limegreen and coleus. everythings looks lush and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The circles you bought to make the stamps - what circles did you buy that could be carved. I have done quite a bit of carving erasers of various types but the circles ones I have never seen to carve.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!