KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, February 15, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday


I am hooked on these Lola Pouches! They are so versatile and a really nice size to hold all your stuff!
I decided to make a hexie one for my hexies. It's fun picking out the fabrics!



I chose a bright, bright fabric for the inside that my friend Barb gave me. Look how pretty that zipper looks.....


I decided to make a pincushion to match the bag. This is the result and red won, the pink one will be a gift.


I have not done any hand applique in a while. I wanted a no frills, easy project. I designed a flower that requires no lines to follow. Jut cut out the pieces and fold under whatever seam allowance you want, to get a free form flower. I like that it is a little "off" and it is easy to do while watching TV. The circle is way more perfect than I thought it would be.



The only thing I know for sure is that the center will be that red dot fabric and the background will be low volume prints. For reference the block will be 11 1/2" finished, how is that for an odd ball size! I do have a template to sort of follow for the petals but everything else is cut free hand.


I also made this strawberry from an adorable fabric that is so delicate and feminine. I want to make a collection of these to display in a bowl.
Somedays small projects are just what I need to make myself feel productive. My annual retreat is coming up and I am busy preparing. How many projects do you bring to a retreat? I have about 6 because you never know what you are going to feel like working on. Some are big and some are small.
Next week I will have a post of the Zelda quilt, stay tuned!

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I love the Lola pouch. I made my first of many for a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so springy and cute. I'm ready for real flowers, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and fresh, I almost forgot how cold I am right now. SOOO ready for spring and these are perfect! You've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working on small projects are a great way to give anyone a productive feeling and a sense of accomplishment. Your "small" projects are all super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pouch is so pretty, and uses one of my all time favourite fabrics with the sweet hexagons. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work with the pouch and the pin cushion. Good luck with the applique and strawberries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still teasing me with Lola pouch. Of course, RED pincushion won. My go to small project is mug rug...made from scraps of each project before I move on. Also vase mats if I can't stop myself in time! I'm so looking forward to my guild retreat next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we can't plant flowers yet, at least we can sew them! Love the free appliqué

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're very talented for pouches and pincushions ! And i love your appliques blocks !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please check out my blog for some great quilting tutorials. http://verascustomquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabric choices! Great job on your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fun and fabulous pouch!! I love the matching pincushions too. Your applique blocks are wonderful, they are going to make such a wonderful quilt. 6 projects sound like a good plan for your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fresh and fun post. I love the outer fabric on your pouch hinting about what's inside...and then the pinkadot lining!
    Sweet pincushions, too. The strawberries would be lovely bunched in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are the pouch and pincushion queen! these are adorable and I love the sweet fabrics.
    great applique to get back into hand stitching - hooray for template and worry free sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!