KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Bound



Sprig

I decided to bind the quilt and am now glad I did! It is subtle and gives it just the right amount of definition.


I used that method of binding where you sew the top and bottom on first, stitch them to the back and then do the sides. I have never done it before and thought it would look better than it does. I didn't want to waste any of the vintage fabric. To me it looks crooked and a little lumpy. We'll call it "charming".


This is the back and the only stitching you can see is my embroidery, I hid the applique stitches well. I had a stop and start and did not like the way the knots looked so I stitched circles over the ends. I like it!




It does add a touch of whimsy!



Have you seen this quilt? I made it last summer and it was used to advertise our quilt show. It has disappeared I am hoping someone found it and will return it. Contact me by email kellymx@aol.com.  Great news the quilt has been found!



My day was brightened considerably when I opened the mailbox to some mail from my granddaughter. I hope we always get old fashioned mail, it made my day!

Kelly


9 comments:

  1. I like the delicate look of Sprig--It is beautiful. And there is something special about opening up your box and finding a surprise. So happy your lost was found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little quilt with the leaves! I like how you 'fixed' the back also. We'd have never known if you had not told us - just thought it was in the design. So glad your quilt was found and how sweet to get mail from a grand!! Always inspired by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your binding is perfection - as usual and the back details are sweet.
    How cute to get mail from Maddy :) I love 'real' mail too
    glad you quilt was found!!
    eat chocolate :) and have a happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your letter is so sweet! I love snail mail, too - and so do my adult kids! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to get a written letter from your granddaughter. All your little quilts are so cute especially the leaves. I am not familiar with attaching the binding this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your little 'Sprig" quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish on the Sprig quilt. Like the work on the back, too.
    Glad your other quilt was found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I know that kind of happiness.........real mail from a granddaughter ! There's NOTHING like it !

    Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!