KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Quilt Retreat

Mix It Up by Lori Holt

Our Penn Oaks Quilt Retreat was last week. We were at a new place this year and it was a hit! Everyone loved it and they were very accomodating. If you are in the Lancaster County area and want to find a nice place to stay, check out the Amish View Inn. It's between Intercourse and Bird In Hand PA.
This block is going to be a mini quilt for the auction, all I have left to do is quilt it.


These are the leftovers that I showed last week, all quilted and it just needs a binding.



Yes another Sew Together Bag! I helped a couple of ladies with the instructions...



My nine patch swap blocks got a start. This is not what I had planned but I am not unsewing them!



All of my maple leaves are sewn but not together.
So I worked on 5 of the 6 projects I brought but did not finish any of them. Next year I need to focus on my packing, I forgot a lot of things and sewed things wrong, every day. We even had more room than we usually do!

Kelly

12 comments:

  1. You got so much done!!! I need to get started on my bag now. We should check out the Amish View Inn for our retreat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun! I love the mixing bowl block! The nine patches look good with polka dots.
    the bag is awesome. You sure got a lot done. Glad you liked the new place. I'll file that for a retreat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your help Kelly! You bring clarity to confusing instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work fast! Sounds like a wonderful and productive retreat. All of your projects are lovely. I especially like the leaves. I purchased the pattern for the Sew Together Bag. I read it . . . several times. I'm going to give it a go. Is the Mix it Up pattern in one of Lori's books? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects!! You got a lot done. It would have been fun making the sewtogether bags with your friends. I love your simple setting of the 9patches, they just look really pretty paired with the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those maple leaves and the leftovers mini is very fun looking.:) It's always a treat to see your colorful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say you did get a lot done. Your colors are always so bright and happy. The leftover pieces made an awesome little block, along with those colorful maple leaves. Glad you had a good time with your quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the bright and cheerful show and tell. Some of us are getting tired of seeing nothing but white ice and snow. It's pretty but it sure lacks color. Those maple leaves make me want to go play with some bright fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I think you got quilt a bit accomplished. Making mistakes is part of the fun of being with friends. All that talking and laughing can throw a girl off her game. You know I always enjoy you choice of fabric colors. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mixer block is so Kelly. I know everyone will want that quilt. Sounds like a fun retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, I love everything you did! Can't decide which is my favorite. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you blog posts are just what a person needs to bring on the smiles!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!