KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Art Show

Still Life With Flowers 7 by Ana Delia McCormack

Doesn't this lovely oil painting just make you think of warmth and sunshine? I attended the Malvern Retreat House Art Show because my friend, Terry is displaying some of her quilts. Terry's Mayapple quilt is there and is a must see in person.
I didn't expect there to be so many wonderful pieces, I could have bought a lot more the choices were that good!


Chili Mugs by Tom Longacre
As soon as I saw these I knew they were coming home with me. The color is so what I love and perfect to get me through the rest of winter with chili or soup.



Even the inside is beautiful.



I was hoping to get some more pictures but my camera died, so you are just gong to have to go see everything for yourself! A fun, bright, happy weekend excursion on these drab days of February.

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Sunflowers always make me think of you! That painting is really beautiful, the aqua background really shows off the yellow. You'll have fun warming your days with tasty soups and chili to serve in those chili mugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Wish I could be there to check it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love pottery! Your little bowls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool bowls - I saw Terri's quilt at the mancuso show -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me there are more bowls! I want some too. The colors go perfectly with the sunflower painting which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Gorgeous colours in the bowls.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!