KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Rainy Thursday


The swap I am in is a secret. The person I am making for does not know who I am, and I do not know the person who is making my quilt. We are encouraged to show things that we like from the book so our partner has some ideas. I happen to like this hexagon quilt with the embroidered bee........hint hint.



I got my background pieces cut out today, (88) 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 pieces! A lot of cutting but my scraps came in handy and made this a quick job.


Remember this? I started it a few weeks back. I took them with me to our getaway in the Poconos and worked a little bit on them. It's rainy here today, sorry for the lousy pictures.




They are time consuming but not hard. I am enjoying working with this color palette, it feels like fall.
I have some time this weekend to sew and may go back to these. Is this called Sewing ADD? I also have some NEW projects I would love to start.....too many things to make, so little time.

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Are the swap quilts all to be made with patterns from the book? Your bright blocks are full of spark! Does the block have a name? I bet it's a fun one to match the fun personality they have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the project you are hinting at for your swap. looks great.
    The blocks you are working on are quite stunning. How many will you make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt you chose to show your swap partner it fits you! The cocktail shakers are coming out great! its going to be a fun quilt
    have a great weekend, enjoy this weather!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. new? your are amazing!
    Love that bee quilt too. Very sweet
    your new blocks are cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swap quilt is lovely. Your blocks do remind me of Autumn sunsets. And another project! You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bee quilt is so adorable.
    Love the blocks you are working on. They look like a happy sunburst to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a Sarah Fielke pattern? It does look like something that you would have.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the burst quilt blocks. They look FABULOUS! I love that little bee quilt too - I suspect it will be popular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, ooo, ooo! I love this design. Can't wait to see more! You're so speedy with your projects, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!