KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

More Moda Blocks


A few people wanted to see the layout of the quilt. I am already moving on to another project. This will be one I will come back to here and there.


So here is the third block. I am not so sure about that background fabric.....


Here are the first three together. I need to make some more to see if I like them together or not.
I have a stomach bug and haven't been feeling too good the past couple of days. So maybe that is influencing my colors choices????

Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY I will be pulling the name tomorrow. I am excited to make another one of these quilts for the winner. I happened to look at my stats the other day and I had over 15,000 hits last month! It's the readers that keep me sewing and blogging, you are very inspiring to me with your wonderful comments and feedback. Thank you very much!

Kelly


12 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. I like the background looks great on your latest block. I love the colours you are using, they're so fresh and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this block looks great and it fits in with the others you have done very well. Its good to see them together to see where its going. Feeling unwell would definitely affect your outlook on things. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your third block! I'm looking forward to seeing your progression on this quilt. I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your colors and I like them together. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the overall layout. I would need to stray from a few of their color choices. Get better, girlie! Sending you some virtual chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has to be the stomach bug influencing you--They are all great! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I really like it! That's a great quilt! Your fabric choices are great-as usual! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still not better Kelly? I hope you feel better soon. I don't think your color choices are affected at all. Still as pretty as all the other quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabric choices.
    When you feel better, you're going to love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack. So sorry to know you've had a flu bug. Get well soon. And in the meantime, as you pick fabric colors that seem a wee bit off off to you, milk that "feeling sick" excuse for as long as possible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better quickly! I like both your background and your green, but maybe not together? I don't think you have enough contrast between the two fabrics, maybe. They both seem to go well with the quilt as a whole, so maybe pair the green with a less busy (and thus lighter value) background, and use that background with a more vivid foreground color. BUT, let me stress, I'm big into contrast -- that's just my personal thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better - It was fun to see the quilt layout~

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!