KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Dinner


Last night we had our very first book club meeting to discuss our book The Dinner. It was a lively discussion and posed more questions than it answered.

Leslie, Colleen, Carol, Angie and Ellen

We enjoyed the book and I think is was great for a discussion. There were a lot of moral issues that definitely made you think.

Angie, Ellen, Suzanne and Shannon

In my opinion it is worth reading and is a pretty quick read. If you have read it I would love to know what you thought about it.
Our next book is The Elegance of the Hedgehogs by Muriel Barbery. I have no idea what it is about!

Kelly

5 comments:

  1. The best type of book clubs bring up lots of question- it makes for lively discussion. I haven't read The Dinner but I have read The Elegance of the Hedgehog! It's fascinating! Besides, its set in Paris, so what's not to love! They made it into a movie, I think? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those mug rugs I see under the wine glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun book group!! Phil told me all about The Dinner and it does sound like a very intersting book to discuss. The Elegance of Hedgehogs sounds like a good choice for your next book. it's an intriguing title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read either of those books. Looks like the first one made for very lively discussion. I will have to look for those titles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to read the Dinner, sounds intriquing!
    I the Hedgehog is a book, don't remember what it is about exactly, but I remember really liking it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!