KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Winner And Other Miscellaneous Stuff


This was a perfect long holiday weekend, we did almost absolutely nothing.


Mug Rugs

I did do some sewing and got some gifts made. The one of top is going to be for a fund raiser at my guild, the rest you will see later.


I like to make them a little over sized and then cut them down to the finished size (8 1/2 x 5 1/2). I also double the batting to make it a little heftier.


I even sewed 2 sets of them together, accidentally! I am not ripping that out, in the trash it goes....



This weekend Bob and I went for a motorcycle ride. I thought I would give you a backseat view.


I love to look at people's houses and gardens. I actually find ideas for my gardens doing this.


What a guy, he took me to Burkholder's Fabrics. If you have never been there it is amazing! Yes it is smack in the middle of a cornfield on a farm.


I read 3 books over the weekend. This one I picked up because it was new and there were some very cool pictures in there too. Definitely quilt inspiring. The story was so so.


If you read The Glass Castle I think you will like this too. Not as good but interesting and a quick read.


My sister in law (who is a librarian) recommended this and I was resistant at first. Not a genre I like to read but it was good.


Our tax dollars at work! My husband beat me in the "most books read over the weekend" I think he finished 5!

The winner of the Fons and Porter online class is Beth, of My Creations! Congratulations Beth, I will contact you with the information.

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend. What kind of bike do you have? My mother rode a Honda Silver Wing and toured all over the US.
    thanks for the book ideas.
    I read "The woman upstairs" very interesting.
    love your mug rugs.
    congrats to beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend. Love Burkholders and the mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures of your reflections in the motorcycle's mirror! Sounds like you both had a great weekend!
    The mug rugs are very nice! Do you finish the binding on the mug rugs by hand or machine? Any hints if you do it by machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that doing very little is the perfect way to spend a long weekend. Especially when it involves reading and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How the heck do you get so much done? 3 books?? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burholders? What a great guy! And 3 books plus sewing? You're killing me Smalls! (I don't know how I missed the giveaway)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to see how you spent your weekend. I never would have guessed you to be a motorcycle rider. I wouldn't get on one! Nor have I read a print book for a very long time. I most often listen to audiobooks while doing something quilt-related, and the few word books I read are on my I-phone. How times have changed. I will look for the titles you suggested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I've had a motor bike ride, thanks to your fun photos! I love going to the library, I try to pick lots of books in a hurry so I don't have too much time to think and that way I pick surprises that I might not have otherwise picked. Sounds crazy but it works for me. Though I always think i should write down the books you mention so I can look out for them. Your Mug rugs are so bright and colourful, great idea to double up on the batting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, thank you so much! I got my class and will enjoy it. (I need it too, so even better).
    The bike ride looks like fun. The DH hasn't had a bike in years, so no rides for me.
    Love the bright fun mug rugs.
    I have to check out those titles. I have been going to the library and getting a stack every couple of weeks. I have been reading a bit before I go to sleep every night. I need to make a list because I always forget the author's by the time I get to the library.
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!