KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Machine Quilting Designs


Yesterday at Calico Cutters Quilt Guild our speaker was Barbara Persing. She has a new book out called Listen To Your Quilt.

Oh So Sweet made by Barbara Persing and Mary Hoover

May Day made by Barb Persing and Mary Hoover

I love how Barb quilted this circle. I never like how I do mine, this might be a good one to try.

The Sampler by Barbara Persing
This is a really beautifully quilted piece. It won Best Machine Workmanship in 2009 at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza.







If you would like to learn more about Barb check out her website at here.


Kelly

5 comments:

  1. That would have been such an interesting talk. The sampler quilt looks amazing, I bet it's full of wonderful ideas. Ill keep my eye out for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really lovely quilts there.

    PS How goes the paint by numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing. I might have to get her book. Maybe I can break away from meandering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  5. great show and tell. Looks like a great lecture.
    I like the title, that is how I work, not pre -planned.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!