KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Yes, Another Project

Sky Scarf by Leafcutter Designs
I need another project just because I love to torture myself. I saw this on the internet and just thought it was a cool idea. Making one aware of your surroundings and paying attention.......something I need to do more of.
Let me tell you I am not a knitter, I can barely do the basics. The idea behind this is to knit 2 rows every day for a year (do we see a theme here?) based on the colors of the sky.

The colors I have are light blue, bright blue, light gray, dark gray and white. You use 2 strands of yarn to get the colors combinations. For example yesterday is was a little overcast so I chose gray and white. If you want to find out more about this project go to Leaf Cutter Designs .
Now we all know that the sky is not the same all day long. I decided to look at it around noon and that would be what I would knit. Yes, another project but not too intensive, doable and fun.

Kelly

7 comments:

  1. More calendar creative fun!
    Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take back what I said earlier! You went over the dark side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice...I don't really knit either, though I have tried. =) Maybe I should try again!!! You can inspire us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that idea...BUT can't knit either. I like what Sujata said. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea to reflect the sky! People come up with the best ideas!!! Good on you for knitting, it's a mystery to me, I can never seem to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a knitter and that is a very interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! your day is going to be filled with many different projects!!!!
    just think of the beautiful scarf you will have next year!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!