KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Gwen Marston Book

37 Sketches by Gwen Marston
I bought this for myself for Christmas. If you like Gwen you will enjoy this book.

It opens with a few pages in which she tells you why she decided to do this and how she works. Without giving a lot a way, her thoughts are to take a big block of time and work nonstop. That is also why she chose to pick where she lives, no cell service, no internet, a ferry to get to the main land and a self imposed no TV! Not sure could do all that! I am right now playing Words With Friends with 12 people. I like to think I am enriching my vocabulary!!!! and not wasting time.


It is a good one for your library. Lots of inspiration.

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I'd like to see it. No TV, no internet, no friends. I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun book. I do not have it in my library but I have flipped through it. She is so right! If we block out a large chunk of time during the day, so much is possible!
    Get rid of the TV and internet? That might be just a bit hard:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhhhh I need to see! own? while I was waiting for your post I almost thought I would resort to doing your word....managed to keep busy without starting that. shall do later! OK...now to take a 'page' from Gwen's book and get off internet for at least a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review. With so many quilt books coming out we can't buy them all, and it's so helpful to know a little bit more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been tempted by this book. I love her work and this sounds like a great concept. I bet it makes you want to run to you sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my problem wouldn't be tv etc, it would be interruptions from my family! I never get too much quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm! Looks very interesting. Interestingly, I have decided to spend more time sewing and less time on the computer this year! To this end I have culled my blog reading list and will limit my game playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review. I don't know if I could live like that, or would want to, but perhaps it is worth trying sometime, these internets are a huge waste of time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review of Gwen's book. She is always an inspiration to me. And she's right - distractions (TV and computer) and interruptions (family and duties) really disrupt our "flow" and creativity. I can't see giving up those things, but perhaps in moderation? I know I should sew more and spend less time on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just ordered the book can't wait to see it!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!