KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Yummy & Easy

Back in the day I used to bake cookies and make fudge for tons of people. It just takes up too much time (sewing) so I have streamlined it. I now make these combination cookie/candy things that everyone loves!

All you need are some round or small shaped pretzels, some unwrapped Hershey's Kisses and M&M's, I used red and green ones.


Unwrap your Hershey's Kisses, this does take forever, it is the hardest part of the recipe!


Place your pretzels on a cookie sheet and place a kiss on top.

Plae them in a preheated 170 degree oven for about 6 to 8 minutes. You may have to play with this a bit to get it just right but not to worry. You want the kiss to be soft but not melted.

Once done take them out of the oven, carefully you don't want to knock them over. Press an M&M into the center of each one. They should go in easily, if not stick them back in the oven for another minute.

I put them in the fridge (still on the cookie sheet) for about a half hour. Don't leave them in too long or they will get a whiteish color on the chocolate that is just not pretty but totally edible! They will be hard and you can put them in a cute little package to give your friends. This one is from Martha Stewart that I got a Michael's. I am taking some to quilt guild tonight as I know the ladies and gentleman will love them!

We got our tree this weekend too and three of the grandchildren helped decorate. We are well on are way!

Kelly

5 comments:

  1. So Funny!
    I just made these as favors for a dinner party -
    Took photos, but hadn't blogged it yet. Maybe I don't have to now.
    Aren't they great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....I am soooo going to make these, my friend! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever, I know I keep saying that but you are and what a time saver. I wish we had Hershey kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! And so easy!! I wonder if they would work with Australian ingredients. I'm not sure if you'll be posting tomorrow because you might be busy celebrating a special day.. So I'll get in early - HAPPY BIRTHDAY To You!!!! have a super wonderful happy happy day!! It's an extra special year because the date is so fun! 13-12-11 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done these using Rolo instead of the kisses. Then you get a surprise of caramel when you bite in. Another tasty option.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!