KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Torture!

Terrible picture!! Look at the ripple across the bottom!
It has taken me forever to finish this very simple quilt! Just about anything that could go wrong did go wrong and I took the picture this morning before it got light so it is a really bad picture too.

I like the fabrics I chose and some of the quilting looks pretty good. The circle design in this picture is amazingly good (for me). I love the colorful dots in the background and feel they go well with the  circle fabrics.


This circle on the other hand looks like one of the grandchildren did it! Look at those bobbles towards the top. Notice I did not bother to take them out....


I really wanted the red dot fabric in the border and I wanted Christmas red, not rust, or anything else that I was finding. I went to Joann's and bought this really crappy fabric......I should have known better. It still feels like cardboard and I have washed it 3 times now. It has distorted the quilt so it doesn't lie flat blah, blah, blah, blah....I will not go on.
It is a quilt the grandkids will snuggle with on the couch and floor and it looks pretty draped on the back of a chair and it's finished!!

Tomorrow I will unveil my new year long project. Come back to see what I am going to do!

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. I have been there with some fabrics that just won't soften up--they're like iron...BUT--I think your quilt looks really terrific--man-o-man--all those circles!! Colors are just right, too Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being too hard on yourself! The quilt looks great in person.
    I don't know what's up with some of their fabrics..They feel as if there are made out of plastic.
    It is a beautiful quilt! Looking forward to tomorrow's post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, it's fun and it's done! Thanks for the reminder that quality fabric really does make a difference. So frustrating to struggle with difficult fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your quilt is darling! It is so appealing and fun, like all of your quilts. But I know what you mean about poor quality fabrics, so disappointing isn't it? Really wonder what's coming tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh don't be so hard on yourself!
    its a great quilt and its one to be USED and LOVED and I bet it will be the kids are going to love it....
    just love those circles ;)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! You know how much I love circles AND blanketstitching Is it whole cloth or blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great! Very fun and happy. The grandkids will love it. I love your quilting! Finished IS better than perfect, right?

    I almost never go to Joanne's anymore. Their fabric really isn't worth the $$. And it's torture to work with crappy fabric; really not worth my time. Or yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed it on your header and fell in love! It's a shame it was one of those difficult quilts. Some are just like that. I think its beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! sorry to hear about all the difficulties, I know how that can be, bu they don't show!
    the kids will love it, and they will look so cute in it

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!