KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Friday, December 23, 2011

I Should Be Cleaning

I really need to be cleaning my house. 40 people will be descending her tomorrow afternoon for presents, food and family. They are just going to mess it up, maybe I don't have to?


Dylan and Nancy
My mother in law, Nancy and her son David are visiting us this week....there is no sewing going on but a little bit of Scrabble play.
A trip to Longwood Gardens was on the agenda.......

 This is a gingerbread house with sugar window panes.




Lots of candy....



Gorgeous trees...

Another gingerbread house.


The arrangements are so pretty!


Inside you feel so peaceful.


So cool.


This is a favorite picture I took. I love the white peeking through the red Winterberry, edged by the bright green.




An unusual (to me) black orchid.


An unusual shaped white one.


An herb wreath.


No flowers, just 2 different colored plants, great idea!


Another....


How about these for inspiration?

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Kelly

12 comments:

  1. I simply adore the Christmas display at Longwood. I wish we could fly over every year to see it. I love all the different Christmas trees.
    I hadn't seen the Gingerbread house, That looks delicious!
    Is there a new quilt this year on display?
    Thank you for making me feel like I have been there through your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindo passeio através de suas fotos,obrigado.FELIZ NATAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Longwood as well. Took a picture of that same "fern" you have at the end. Seemed very quilt like to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Longwood looks a million dollars, what an amazing place.
    I do hope you have the most wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. Have you seen Longwood at night? We did it one year and it was so magical.
    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my golly!! I have loved every bit of this post!! Its all like a Christmas fantasy land. Just so amazing. Wishing you and all your family the most wonderful Christmas!! And no, don't fuss too much about the cleaning, there'll be enough cleaning afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Oh I need to get down to Longwood to see these beautiful displays. ok I LOVE that paper cut is it your own design do I see a quilt coming with that , oh yes red and white ?????
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a lovely place to visit. I love the sugar window panes on the gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Winterberry garden bed is stunning... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowie wow what a gorgeous place, and stunning photos! Makes me want to visit there, too bad we live hundreds of miles away! Merry Christmas! p.s. I am a big proponent of cleaning AFTER big parties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning, shmeaning....
    Thank you so much for the lovely tour!
    I simply must get there next year!
    do you go to the Philly flower show?
    I haven't been in a couple of the years, but thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoa now I'm not so jealous, I thought that was your winterberry. I had bought some before we moved south and I never got to enjoy it. it was something I always loved to see in Eagleview when I drove through. I guess I can grow some here in Charlotte but I need to make some room. Maybe I will do that this year.
    I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. joanne

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!