KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Procrstination Quilt
Instead of showing all the quilts I made this year I will only show the one that was the most interesting one to make.
I put off making this for quite a while, but really wanted to make it. I was very happy with the way the blocks kind of worked together even though they were from many different "almost" quilts. It was a challenge and I learned a lot from working on it.
It also won the judge's choice award at our guild quilt show which made it even more special. I gave this quilt to my brother in law and his wife for their 50th birthdays, I think they will take good care of it.

Today is my oldest grandson, Griffin's 7th birthday! Happy birthday Griff!!!!!

I am not one to make new year's resolutions but I am going to try and make some positive changes in my life. How about you? Sewing resolutions?
Happy New Year to you all.

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! Hope to sew more and post more in 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kelly! My thought for the year is "gratitude" - my husband just survived a terrible car accident with only a scratch.(no one was hurt.) He is one lucky boy and we all know it. I thought of you and what you survived. Maybe another word is survival! Best wishes to all for the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Is a special quilt!! My resolutions are Sew more and Finish my projects!! Happy Birthday Griffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Griffin!

    That quilt is amazing.

    I wish you all the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have pulled it off quite well. What a great way to use all the left over or unwanted blocks.
    It was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great finish that one was and it won a ribbon, that's so awesome. I'm saving my orphans for a quilt like that someday.
    I'm going to try really hard to make better use of my time this year and get back to my oldies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!