KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Diary Quilt Tuesday

Diary Block #3
I cannot tell a lie. I started this today. It is not my best work but hey it will do. Not every one is going to be a winner!

Christmas Eve was at our house this year......


All these people are my husband's immediate side of the family.......



With a couple of boyfriends thrown in.......


It was over 40 people.......


And I did not feel well.......



John, Ellen and Bob
 But everyone had a great time.......


I am just thankful it is over......and I can go back to sewing!

Elliot and Maddy
The kids had fun as they always do on Christmas.


 Fallon and Maddy

Griffin

David
David is sporting a tie I made for him out of some vintage fabric. I also have a quilt promised to him that will get made in the very near future.

I gave my husband Bob an iPad. He didn't even know he wanted one, but he does now!

Okay the home movies are over!! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

10 comments:

  1. So Sorry you didn't feel well. (40 people? Yikers!!) I know I get overwhelmed during celebrations....you have a terrific time sewing now....loved the pix. Julierose P.S. I LIKE your block--it's scrappy and REAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you're better now.
    Looks like everyone had fun.
    I got an iPad also, it was a surprise. How did your GD like the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh about your husband not knowing he wanted an Ipad. I bought my husband an Iphone that he didn't know he wanted and now he can't live without it. He has already learned more things about his than I have mine. LOL...men!Have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your block!!It's festive and fun! 40 people- yikes, that's a lot of immediate family! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! 40 people? I am still exhausted from 20 guests! Looks like everyone was having a great time!
    Hope you are feeling better and rested now. It time to get that sewing machine out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you didn't feel well but glad everyone had a great time.

    My husband's family meets the Sunday before Christmas (I was too ill to go); with MIL, WM's five siblings and their partners, MIL's seventeen grandchildren (plus three husbands, and a variable number of de facto partners)and ten great-grandchildren, we also have quite a crowd, even when they're not all there!

    I got a Kindle (which is what I asked for) but an iPad would have been a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your home movies, Kelly! Hope you can enjoy some "me" time now. Get better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way too many people for me. David looks adorable both with his tie and yours.
    Does someone else host next year?
    Roger is having Christmas this coming Friday and is so happy because he is buying all his gifts on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're fully recovered, not great getting sick when you have so much on. It looks like everyone was having a good time at your place. Hey, I didn't know I wanted and i pad or i phone either but I've been given both in the last month, I love them and I can even text now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have recovered from the family celebration. And hopefully Bob will appreciate his new iPad. If not, well, I guess you'll just have to use it, right? Love the vintage tie. Did you have a pattern? Your weekly block looks great to me. And now, with all the celebrations just about over, maybe you are celebrating in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!