KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

I love a rainy day, I get very inspired. Today I taught a class at the Quilt Block, a local quilt shop in my area. We did mini quilts today.


Holiday Scene
 This is Leslie's



Hollyhocks
 Janet's....


Cats in santa hats
 and ML's.
I think they all had a good time and they asked me to come up with some more classes! Now that is a perfect end to a class!


My friend Cheryl has opened an Etsy store called Sewing With Silk . She has some gorgeous Dupioni silk and she will give you instructions on how to use it. I know a lot of people are "afraid" of silk but Cheryl will give you lots of good tips, go check it out. Tell her I sent you.




Our guild held a challenge this past October and made quilts to donate to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative organization. We also raised $900 that we sent to them, along with about 90 quilts for their on- line auction. I urge you to at least go and see some of the beautiful quilts and if there is one there you can't live without, put in a bid. It all goes to a good cause.

You can also go here Calico Cutter's Alzheimer's Quilts to see the quilts that my guild members made. Great job ladies!

Kelly

8 comments:

  1. You had some very creative students today. How long is the class? I bet they are home making more mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best compliment to any teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your class had a wonderful time. Great to see the work your students did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous quilts, you have such clever students!! Your classes would be so much fun, I wish I could do one. I talk too much in classes and don't get much work done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great little quilts. How do you do it? teaching and gardening and sewing and cooking and grandkids.
    You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute little quilts, I need a class like this just let go and cut and and sew!
    thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thanks for sharing the links as well! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!