KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

This is the quilt I am entering in The Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side . This is a great idea and you can see some very wonderful quilts. Hop on over and take a look, enter your quilt!

I made this using my own hand dyed fabrics along with some that I bought at quilts shows. I love the wonkiness of it and the blue, a color I have only recently started using in my work. This is a lot harder to do than it looks. There is no pattern and you make it up as you go. I did enjoy it and will now be doing more quilts like this.

Kelly

9 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. I like the idea that you have created this all on your own. The colours are stunning and I love the design.
    Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the improvisation of this quilt, the colours are gorgeous, too.
    Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice to see this quilt again, I just love it and I am still so impressed your dying your own fabrics....
    those colors are just soooo beautiful and vibrant!
    I can't wait to see more!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and beautiful. I am so impressed you dyed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Looks like it's under the influence of Gwen and Freddy???!!!!! Fun fun fun!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sowing this again, Kelly. I remember how much i enjoyed seeing it the first time, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baskets are awesome! I love the new modern look of the classic basket design.

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great liberated baskets! Gwen is doing a workshop with these and I know just what fabrics I'm using.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!