KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE MY BLOW DRYER RUN!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bling!

Mirror mirror on the wall. Here is my crafty project with all the bling I have been collecting. It is a bejeweled looking glass for my granddaughter, Fallon for Christmas. It is really hard to take a picture of a mirror....any tips? It is very sparkley in person.

My daughter in law's grandmother died in September and when they we cleaning out her house there was a lot of costume jewelry and some beads  and  a little this and that.


I asked Krista if there was any junk jewelry that I could have for this project. I also hit up family members and went to a barn sale that a fellow quilter, Pat was having and found some more gems.


I think the crazier the gems the better. This is a clock for 2000, the one above it is a monogram pin that I think belongs to Fallon's other mom mom.

My sister in law Jan sent this rottweiler pin. They have 2 rottweilers.

An "N" for nana or her name Naomi, her great grandmother.  We all called her Nana.


A bee, some cherries, a tacky Christmas ball and a silver hand with a heart, it all works!


A frog completes our tour!

Can you imagine wearing these earrings?
I did fill in with some gems from the craft store. I have seen these on line and they are filled to over flowing with gems and baubles. I chose to "organize" mine because I did not have enough. I am happy with the way it turned out. I think she will like it and it has a lot of memories in it too.


It passed the test of a 4 year old who loved it and wants one too. For now she is happy to run her hands through the leftovers!
Kelly

18 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful gift! She will feel like a true princess with that mirror hanging on her wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, meaningful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a faaaantastic idea!! The mirror is such a lovely shape and who wouldn't love one of these? The best part is that you've put a lot of memories and meanings into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's spectacular! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see this one in person. What a neat idea! She is going to love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT !!!!!! What a gorgeous, thoughtful, special gift! Just DIVINE !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning!! waht a super idea Thanks for sharing Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so, so awesome! What a great idea, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mirror and you are simply brilliant! I don't know where you got such a special mirror in the first place but I can just picture a little girl looking at her reflection saying, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?". As she gets older, she will appreciate it and you for the deeper meaning of it all. Your design is just beautiful. What an incredibly special gift. Can you bring it to Show & Tell?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea. I had never thought of using costume jewellery in this way. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just the greatest thing ever, my girls would have loved this too, very fun!!!!
    what great memories too!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it - what a talent you have and what a tribute to Fallon's nana. Beautifully done!

    Hattie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly wonderful!!!! I just love all the bling but most of all, the memories. Maybe you should glue an explaination on the back for her? I just love how clean it looks too, I'm a mess with hot glue...or did you use a different technique?
    Anyway, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, perfect keepsake! She will love it now for the sparkle, and later for all of the meaning.Very very special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful memory mirror!
    I love the bling. You did a great job setting everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzer! That's a lot of vintage jewelry! You did a great job on the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day!